- Published: July 04 2008
2000cc Challenge Technical Regulations for 2008/2009 have been approved by the Bahrain Motor Federation.
The latest CRC regulations will be maintained in the Downloads section of www.crcbahrain.com.
Summary of Changes*:
- Safety Net is Mandatory
- Tinted Glass may be used on side and/or rear windows.
- Interior trim may be removed
- Passenger and/or rear seats may be removed but not utilized.
- Standard bonnet may be modified to include intake/cooling duct.
- Bumper carriers/supports may be removed for weight reduction
- Center console heating/cooling instruments may be removed.
- Engine may be reclaimed up to 0.5mm
- Removed limit of 296.5mm brake discs. Brake size is limited by max rim size of 16 inches.
- All DOT or E-mark tires allowed.
- Minimum vehicle weight is 1000kg for both front and rear wheel drive cars.
- SFI 28.1 and SFI 28.2 spec fuel cells permitted.
- Success ballast will be awarded to Top 4 classified cars.
* Review actual text for details.
To view the 08/09 Technical Regs showing amendments & changes click HERE
To view the 08/09 Technical Regs without highlighting amendments click HERE